- Compost obtained from decomposition of organic residues by earthworms.
- Phenomenon is known as vermiculture.
- Vermiculture is the simple, low cost, low energy biotechnology of multiplying earthworm by providing them optimum condition for rapid multiplication by feeding them with biodegradable materials such as agricultural wastes, city garbage, kitchen waste etc.
- Esenia foetida, E. eugeniae are two species of earthworm used for vermicomposting.
- Nutrient content in vermicompost: N-1.6%, P-2.2% and K-0.67%
Join the conversation