- Chemical fertilizers are costly, causing environmental pollution and human health hazards, while bio-fertilizers are eco-friendly, non-toxic and cheaper natural resources.
- They help in the establishment and growth of crop plants and trees by providing plant nutrients and increase the fertility status of the soil also.
- They enhance bio-mass production and grain yields by 10-20%.
- Approximately 25% of chemical fertilizer can be substituted with the use of bio-fertilizer therefore bio-fertilizers are useful for sustainable agriculture.
- They play an important role in agro-forestry or silvipastoral systems.
- They protect plants from several fungal diseases by producing fungi static substances.
- Bio-fertilizers also increase seed germination by producing plant growth substances and hormones.
- Algal bio-fertilizer can be used for reclamation of sodic saline soil also.
- They are suitable in organic farming.
Join the conversation