- Planting pits for roses are prepared at least one month prior to planting. The convenient pit size is 75 cm. diameter and 60 cm deep.
- After digging out the pits, they are backfilled with surface soil and well-rotted FYM or compost mixed in equal proportion.
- Then the pit is irrigated for setting the soil. 500 gm. of SSP also may be mixed with the soil and compost or FYM.
b. Bed Planting:
- length of desired but breadth within 1.2-1.4 is prepared for bed planting.
- Pits of 30 cm depth and diameter are prepared before 10-15 days of rose planting.
- They are filled back with the mixture of surface soil or top soil and compost or FYM and rose are planted.
- This method is mostly adapted for cut flower production in large area
Join the conversation