- Selection of site: Tuberose is very sensitive to wet-feet (root having over moisture) and should have plenty of sunlight. Warm and humid climate having the temperature range of 20– 300C temperature with sunny situation is desirable.
- Soil: Wide range of soil but loamy and sandy loam having good aeration with pH 6.5 to 7.5 and rich in organic matter with ample moisture is desirable. Good and deep tilth; properly manured (20 Mt/ha FYM) and incorporated with the soil about a month before planting; from weed and weed seeds etc.
- Planting and bulb selection: Pre-plant storage is advisable.
➢ 1.5 – 2 cm or < 2 cm diameter size bulb are suitable. Bigger bulb (>3 cm diameter) is not desirable because they have poor germination capacity and weak respirator.
➢ Planting should be done 20 x 25 cm, 20 x 20 cm, etc. and depth should be 4-7 cm.
- Manures and fertilizers: 200 (3 split doses):80:100-150 kg NPK/ha or 20 g of NPK/m2 is desirable.
- Irrigation: Should not irrigate before sprouting and root formation stage.
➢ Twice a week in summer and once in winter months.
- Weed control: Timely weed control should be done with hand weeding or chemical weeding or chemical weedicide Atrazine 3 kg/ha pre-plant application.