a) Cap :
- It is convex to broadly convex or nearly flat .
- It is white in some varieties, brown in others.
b) Stem :
- 2-8 cm long thick, smooth or small scales below the rings that sometime disappear in maturity.
- Free from the stem; close; pinkish to pinkish brown at first later becomes dark brown to blackish.
- White and firm.
- In Nepal, identified species of Agaricus are;
i. Agaricus bisporus
ii. A. campestris
iii. A. rodmani
iv. A. silvicola(most poisonous)
v. A. subfrutescence
- These genera can be cultivated in terai during winter and in Kathmandu and lower hills all the year round except summer.
Join the conversation