1.Nutritional composition of mushroom.
b. Protein :-Glutamic acid, Aspartic acid and Arginine.
- The digestibility of mushroom is 10 times faster than animal protein.
c. Fat:- less than 2%.
d. Ash and minerals :- It is a good source of Ca, P, K,Na and Mg.
e. Vitamins :- Vit.B2(Riboflavin), Vit.B3(Niacin) and Vit. B9(Folates).
f. Carbohydrates:- 35-70%.
- Health benefits.
- It contains antioxidant.(Stops release of free radicals hence preventing aging.)
- It has low cholesterol level.
- Medicinal importance.
- Morchella(Guchi chyau) is used against diarrhea.
- Pleurotus officinalis is used for blood coagulation , chest pain , TB , High sweating , Jundice and internal parasites.
- Used as Anaesthetic agent.
- It is used as healing agent for wounds.
- It is used for swollen glands and tumor.