C/O: Mycogone perniciosa
– On early stage infection, mushroom turn into a shapeless mass, covered with the parasite’s white and fluffy mycelium.
– As the deformed mushroom develops, it becomes brown and starts to decay.
– Little droplets of liquid amber in color appear on the surface of mushroom tissue, especially at a very high level of humidity.
– Sanitation of mushroom house, disposal of spent compost and removal of infected fruiting bodies.
– Fungicides such as Dithane M-45 (0.3%), Benlate, Cardendazim or Thiobendazole (0.05%) has also been reported to control this fungi.