– A small bit from the pileal region is cut with the help of a sterilized blade or scalpel,
– Washed several times in sterilized distilled water
– Dried in a clean tissue paper before inoculating aseptically on a Petri plate or tube containing suitable culture medium.
– The inoculated Petri plates are incubated at 25 ± 1 °C for 6-12 days and observed at different intervals for the mycelial growth.
– All Petri plates / glass tubes showing contamination should be discarded and only the ones with pure growth should be retained for further use.