a. Without composting:
– In raised bed put one layer of substrate and again put spawn in 3-4 cm distance from wall and 5-6cm in central part upto 4 layers.
– Cover with plastic, which also helps to increase the temperature by 5 fold than not covering with plastic.
– Compost can be prepared from waste cotton, banana leaf, rice and wheat straw etc.
– Cut the straw into 10-15cm length. Then dip in CaCO3 suspension for 6-8 hrs.
– Put the straw in hip and press gently than insert thermometer at top and cover with white plastic sheet.
– When temp. records 50 °C, then turn the compost upside down and cover again with plastic.
– After 2-3 days, compost is ready to use.