- Selection of substrates for Pleurotus cultivation is most important aspect.
- Pleurotus can be cultivated on various substrates which are available.
- It can be cultivated on pure substrate or combination of different substrates.
- It can be grown on various agricultural waste materials.
- They grow well on a mixture of saw dust and other combination of tropical wastes such as corn cobs and leaves, cotton waste, sugarcane bagasse and leaves.
- Paddy straw was used as a substrate for the cultivation of oyster which is a common practice in Nepal.
Join the conversation