For fresh materials
- Grind the plant material either with using a small volume of suitable buffer or organic solvent or a liquid nitrogen.
- Filter and obtain a plant extract.
- Homogenize the extract with menthol and allow to stand for 24 hours at ordinary temperature.
- Filter and get obtain a filtrate.
For dried materials
- Powder the plant materials.
- Moisten sufficiently with water
- Filter and obtain filtrate.
- Add HCl or H2SO4
- Mix the filtrate with lime solution (NaOH or Na2CO3).
- The solid mass obtained and it carried out with either methanol or benzene or petroleum ether
- Shaken or allowed to isolate.
- Alkaloid isolated by crystalline chromatography or ion exchange techniques.
Join the conversation