- It is a combination of various techniques and institutions; therefore, the preventive, mitigative and restorative practices of watershed management should be accepted and implemented jointly by farmers or land users, communities and government organizations.
Why is integration needed?
- Eliminate conflicting demands
- Overcomes the problems of scarcity and resource use
- Brings resource managers close to the communities and improves their relationship with the latter
- Reduces overhead and infrastructure costs and consequently increase efficiency
- Provides diversification and creates longer employment opportunities
Join the conversation