1. It takes place in the presence of light.
2. glycolate serves as substrate for photorespiration.
3.Photorespiration takes place in peroxisomes. Chloroplast and mitochondria are also involved in this process.
4. It occurs in some plants like Beet, Rice, Bean, etc.
5. Photorespiration increases with the availability of O2
6. It is pronounced in C3 plants and negligible in C4 plants.
7. Toxic H2O2 is formed during oxidation of the substrate
8. End-products are CO2.
9.It is wasteful method and does not produce energy.