1) B.B MUNDKUR:
- He worked on the control of cotton wilt diseases.
- He is responsible for the identification and classification of large number of Indian smut fungi
- He started Indian Phytopathological Society in 1948 and published a journal Indian Phytopathology.
- His book – Fungi and Plant diseases.
- First Indian plant pathologist who was credited for his detailed studies on fungi and plant diseases.
- He studied the characters of Phytophthora and Phytophthora diseases of potato and castor.
- He established Phytophthora parasitica from castor.
3) K.C. MEHTA – Life cycle of cereal rusts in India
4) T.S. SADASIVAN
- Started the studies on bio-chemistry of host-parasite relationship at University of Madras
- Contributed to the concept of vivotoxins
- Studied on mechanism of wilting in cotton by Fusarium vasinfectum. The production of fusaric acid by this fungus outside the host was demonstrated.
Join the conversation