1. Reveals pattern of disease incidence, intensity and development over large area
2. Data generated by remote sensing is amenable to multidisciplinary approach
3. Gives synoptic view of large areas
4. Data generated is on a permanent scale and is unbiased
5. Data acquisition is fast compared to traditional methods and data analyzed is effectively utilized .
6. Satellite data (ERTS) obtains information of an area periodically so that the information can be updated.
7. It frequently poses questions for ground investigators which cannot be generated by ground parties
Join the conversation