- 1950s: DDT imported from USA by Ministry of Health
- 1954: MOAC used DDT for crop pest management
- 1996: Kumroj and Kathar VDC 1568 ha of rice is damaged by Brown plant hopper and white plant hopper.
- 1997: Same organization of IPM in Indonesia also develop IPM in Nepal
- 1997-2003: FAO technical support to Nepal government, invite IPM international export training to officers, ZTA, ZTAS, farmers,. 20,000 farmers are directly benefited by this program.
- 2003-2008: Financial aid of Norway government gives first National IPM program lunch, initiated by PPD under MOA (Narvegion support + FAO technical support) which is known as first phase IPM program. It is crop based program, it excludes marketing, gender bias, training to farmers, officers.
- 2008-2013: Supporting by same organization, it is community based IPM, focus on vegetable, tea, coffee, citrus, apple, no gender biasness, seasonal IPM program, market value also. Second phase of IPM programmed.
- 2013-2018: Support by same organization, more support on marketing. Third phase IPM program.
Join the conversation