- Use salt water to separate lightweight, infected seeds during soaking,
- Store the grains with 13.5-14% moisture content.
- Use fungicides as seed treatments
- benomyl or benomyl-t (at 1-2% of seed weight) for dry seed coating to treat infested seed can be effective. In cases where resistance to benomyl occurs, use a fungicide that contains triflumizole, propiconazole, prochloraz or a combination of thiram + benomyl.
- Spray the crop at boot leaf stage and at 50% flowering with Carbendazim + Mancozeb (1:1) @ 0.2%.
Join the conversation