- Treat seeds with hot water (53−54°C) for 10−12 minutes before planting, to control primary infection at the seedling stage. To increase effectiveness of treatment, pre-soak seeds in cold water for eight hours.
- Grow disease tolerant varieties viz., Bala, BAM 10, IR-20, Jaya, Ratna, Tellahamsa and Kakatiya.
- Treat the seeds with Thiram or Captan at 4 g/kg and with Mancozeb @0.3%
- Use fungicides (e.g., iprodione, propiconazole, azoxystrobin, trifloxystrobin, and carbendazim) as seed treatments.
- Spray the crop in the main field twice with Mancozeb @ 0.2%, once after flowering and second spray at milky stage.
Join the conversation