C/O: Heterodera avenae
- Nematodal infection of wheat, obligate parasite.
- 2nd stage juvenile is infective.
- Cyst nematode
- resembles to water or nutrient deficiency and any other physiological disorder.
- Generally above ground symptoms are not identifiable and can be easily misunderstood with any other pathogen.
- Above ground symptoms: Nematode Infested plant may show yellowing (Fig. 1) and stunted growth in patches due to cluster distribution of the nematode. Tillering is greatly reduced.
- Below ground symptoms: Roots become typically bushy with slight swelling marking at the site of nematode infection. But during the Jan./Feb., the white glistening like female.
Join the conversation