Causative agent : (Xanthomonas oryzae pv. Oryzae)
Two phages a) wilting of plants (kresek phage ) b) leaf blight phage
- Wilting phage
- Occurs during seedling stage, 3-4 weeks after transplanting roll up. As disease progress the leaf turns yellow to straw color and wilts leading whole seedling to dry up and die.
- Sometime confused to early rice stem borer damage.
- To distinguish kresek symptoms from stem borer, squeeze the lower end of infected seedling between finger.
- Kresek symptoms show yellowish bacterial ooze coming out from cut end and not pull easily from soil.
2. Leaf blight phage
- On older leaf, water soaked to yellow orange stripes are +nt on leaf blade, leaf tip or mechanical injured parts of plant.
- Lesion are wavy margin and progress towards the leaf base.
- On young lesion bacterial ooze resembling a dew .
- Bacterial ooze later dries up and become a yellow to black beads
Join the conversation