C/O: Puccinia striformis f.sp. tritici
- Mainly occur on leaves than the leaf sheaths and stem.
- Yellow-orange color , Individual pustules are small and circular but develop into yellow stripes on upper leaf surfaces, leaf sheaths and awns and inside glumes. It can be seen from a distance in patches known as ‘hotspots
- Uredospores severely attack leaf lamina.
- Uredosori: small, do not usually run together, brust late and with little fringes of the epidermis, always arranged in long stripes with yellow color.
- Telia: form later in the season, dark black in color, do not brust through epidermis.
Join the conversation