– These are organic compound required very less in amount for biochemical process.
– They acts as biological catalyst in various chemical activities of the cell.
– It having basic nitrogen in them, thus named as vitamins ie. Vital amines or light amines.
– They are needed to be present in the diet and have no energy value.
– These are grouped in two categories.
– They are fat soluble and water soluble.
– The fat soluble vitamins can be dissolved in the fat while water soluble vitamins can be dissolved in water.