1. Strategy to increase food production:
– Use bare land for cultivation, improve method of farming, produce nutrients which could be used as foods by chemical engineering, genetic engineering, or through GMC/A.
2. Food consumption and distribution system should be improved:
– Government action: legislation
– Food subsidies: artificial lowering of price
– Rationing scheme: to make food available in limited amounts
– Black markets: should controlled.
– Food enrichment program: food enriched or fortified by addition of def. nutrients.
– Welfare food program: for poor people as school meal, nursing mothers.
3. Government procurement and distribution system should be improved:
– Transport problems
– Storage of foods
– Price control
4. International aids should be properly utilized on social justice basis so that real target will benefit it.
5. Nutrition education and functional literacy program:
– Teach about health education (people of all sector teach to their patients/pupils/consumers etc)
6. Nutrition intervention program:
a. Nutritional measures: such as food subsidies, rationing scheme, fortification, welfare food as school meal etc.
b. Non-nutritional measures: radio, TV, newspapers, magazines plays role in extension of knowledge about importance of health education.