- Extremely infectious disease of cattle
- Causes lung and joint disease.
- Disease severity increase with close proximity.
- Death rate is 10-70%
- Mycoplasma mycoides sub. Mycoides
- Infected droplets
- Direct contact
- Carrier animal
c) Clinical signs:
- Incubation period is 10 days to 6 months
- Lack of energy, appetite, increased breathing rate, fever and cough
- Moaning while exhaling
- Neck stretched out while coughing
- Signs of pneumonia
- Reluctant to move.
- Calves shows arthritis.
d) Prevention and control:
- Prevent animal movement
- Slaughter infected and exposed cattle
- On-farm quarantine
- Proper disposal of animals and contaminated material
- Treatment and vaccination not recommended
- Disinfect infected premises, equipment and facilities
Join the conversation