- Also known as Bang’s disease in animal and malta fever in human.
- Highly contagious disease of cattle, camel , sheep, goat and swine
- Characterized by inflammation of genital organs and fetal membrane, abortion with retained placenta.
- Brucella abortus , B. ovis , B. susi, B. canis, etc.
- Content of pregnant uterus, Fetus, Fetal membrane, urine, milk, semen, faeces, etc.
- Entry of pathogen by ingestion à Enter and travel through intestinal walls à enter into lymphatics à localize in regional nodes and proliferate à Enter into lymphatics and reach blood vessels à localization in variety of tissue à in uterus, spleen, udder, lungs, spleen, etc.
- High incidence of abortion
- Retention of placenta
- Birth of death calves
- Infertility and sterility
- Inflammation of testes
- Clinical signs and symptoms
- Allergic test
- Isolation and identification of organism
- Bacterial culture
- Milk ring test
- Serological test
Join the conversation