- Biological diversity includes genera, species and community (ecosystem and habitats). The rich biodiversity is reflected by the number of species, genera and ecosystem present at each level.
- Biodiversity is a holistic concept and comprises the whole spectrum of conservation activities dealing from the in-situ with pollution, communities and ecosystem.
- On the other hand, ex-situ conservation involving zoos, botanical gardens, zoological gardens, gene banks for storing sperms, embryo, tissue, organs and DNA on the other.
- In-situ conservation involves management of ecological processes and involved of populations on along term basis without direct interference of human.
- Biodiversity conservation is a complex process and comprises not only maintenance of ecological balance but also reduction of green house gases, control of global warming, protection of flora and fauna and conservation of genetic resources.
Join the conversation