– WTO stands for World Trade Organization. During 1995 (1 st January), the GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) collapsed and emerged the same into WTO by Uruguay Round negotiations (1986-94).
– Nepal was not the member of GATT and it had applied for membership in 1989, Nepal became the 147 th member of WTO from 23 rd April, 2004 (Baishak 11, 2061).
The general agreements related to agriculture as follows:
Basically, there are five agreements related to agriculture. They are:
1. Agreement on agriculture (AoA)
2. Agreement on sanitary and phyto-sanitary (SPS) measure
3. Agreement on technical barriers to trade (TBT)
4. Agreement on trade related aspects of intellectual property right (TRIPS)
5. General agreement on trade in services (GATS)