- Self-help: In co-operatives, people help each other whilst helping themselves by working together for mutual benefit.
- Self-responsibility: Individuals within co-operatives act responsibly and play a full part in the organization.
- Democracy: A cooperative will be structured so that members have control over the organization – one member, one vote.
- Equality: Each member will have equal rights and benefits (according to their contribution).
- Equity: Members will be treated justly and fairly.
- Solidarity: Members will support each other and other co-operatives.
- Social responsibility
- Caring for others
Join the conversation